New lessons covering the Timer1 module have been added to the Enhanced Mid-Range PIC tutorials.
These new lessons explain how to:
- use Timer1 as a 16-bit timer or counter
- use Timer1 interrupts
- count in seconds with with an external 32.768 kHz crystal
- operate Timer1 in sleep mode, for low-power background timekeeping
- use Timer1 gating to measure the pulse width and period of a digital signal
- measure frequency using Timer0 overflow gating
The lessons are available for C and assembly language programmers and are suitable for people who are new to PICs.
Separate "migration" lessons are also provided for those already familiar with the mid-range Timer1 module.
If you have purchased the enhanced mid-range tutorials, you will find these new lessons available for download via the “Downloads” link in your “My account” area, as usual. And if you have purchased a PIC training board, a new manual is also available for download, with the jumper settings tables (in appendix A) updated to reflect the new lessons.